Among the most unique estates in the region, 472 Deerchase is ready to welcome its next steward! Two parcels, totaling 39 acres, host a stunning and meticulous 3,960 square foot custom French country home on the banks of the pristine waters of the Piankatank River in Saluda. Designed with great care and in harmony with its natural surroundings, these private, wooded grounds are full of features that have not been seen in the River market, such as exotic Brazilian hardwoods and bespoke, antique vanities throughout. A sunny and winding two-story foyer welcomes guests to a home that eases the transition between interior and exterior life; host gatherings that allow organic flow throughout formal and informal living spaces, as well as to a massive rear screened porch and front yard. Large arched windows and French doors bring sunlight to every nook of this exquisite home. A bright and white kitchen welcomes both entertaining and utility with lovely Corian counters, paneled appliances, gas cooktop, wall oven, dish drawers, and central gathering island. Across the way, bask in unobstructed river and wildlife views, from the sunny hearth room which features a two-way fireplace, shared with a grasscloth-adorned formal living room. On cool evenings, the second fireplace in the library will create a cozy space for taking in views of the river while nestling up with a book. The primary suite on the first floor is nothing short of grand; an expansive main room creates a comfortable setting for both sleeping and sitting rooms. Step straight from your bedroom to the screened porch and enjoy your morning coffee while greeting the butterflies, bustling through their lovingly maintained garden! Straight from a French palace, a walk-in closet and dressing room adjoins the primary bathroom; in addition to lovely southern light and one of a kind vanity, primary bathroom features a roll-in shower and grip bars. Arrive to the second floor via staircase or the homeâs elevator to find three more bedrooms, two of which with ensuite baths. Every room has a five-star view of this waterfront property, as well as undeveloped land across the way. A collective 1,808 square feet of unfinished space located off east and west wings of the home ensures that storage or future finished square footage will never be a concern. The great outdoors will never leave you bored at Deerchase! The propertyâs 39 acres boast a naturally stocked pond, marsh, orchard, and a 70-foot pier with dock, lift, and sink. A pleasant balance among mixed hardwood timber, parklike grass and waterfront features, Deerchase seeks new ownership to cherish its sacred spaces. Located 10 minutesâ drive to downtown Urbanna and just over an hour from Richmond, it would be a mistake to not visit this Rivah estate and make it yours!
Single Family, Single Family-Detached, French Provincial, Traditional, Other, 2 Story
3 Full/1 Half
Hot Water Heater, Tankless Water Heater, LP Gas Wa
Brick, Frame, Mason
3,960 sq. ft
Yes - 2 spaces
Other, Cable TV, Electric service available, Telephone
Middlesex County Public Schools
ST. CLARE WALKER
Detailed Room Information
- Kitchen, Living Room, Foyer, Library, Breakfast Room, Attic
- Dining Area, Formal
- Microwave, Range/Oven Built-in, Central Vacuum, Cook Top Range, Dishwasher, Dryer, Electric Dryer, Freezer, Wall Oven, Gas Range/Cooktop, Refrigerator, Washer
- Hardwood, Tile, Other, Wood
- Electric, Heat Pump, A/C - Other, Ceiling Fan(s)
- Electric Heating. Heat Pump.
- Bay Window(s), Wood Frame
- 2. Gas Burning.
- 2+ Access Exits J, 36 Inch Or More Wide Halls, 32 Inch Or More Wide Doors, Chairlift, Elevator, Grab Bars, Kitchen Modifications, Main Level Entry, Roll-In Shower, Other, Entry Level Bedroom.
- Alarm -Smoke/Fire, Main Entrance Locked
- Additional Interior Features
- Attic Storage, Breakfast Area, Built-Ins, Crown Molding, Elevator, Recessed Lights, Walk-in Closets, Wood Floors, 9Ft+ Ceilings
Exterior / Lot Features
- 2 Garage Spaces. Driveway, Private, Unpaved.
- Brick, Frame
- Brick, Porch, Roof Deck, Screened-in
- Lot View
- River, Water, Scenic, Trees/Woods, Pasture, Pond
- Body of Water
- Piankatank River
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Water Front, Boat Ramp, Private Dock, Exterior Lighting, Out Building, Additional Lot(s), Back Yard, Trees, Fishing. Additional Lot(S), Partly Wooded, Pond, Private, Rear Yard, Secluded, Trees/Wooded, Irregular.
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price